Saturday, May 06, 2006

Fall Tour 2005





Click here to view photo album




In September 2005, Jon embarked on his first bicycle tour, an 8-day 618 mile ride. I had been dreaming of doing this for many years but did not have the opportunity or proper gear. Then, during the preceding winter, I bought a used trailer. Fresh from my Appalachian Trail thru-hike, I had strong legs and was ready to go.
The ride started at my parents house in Woodbridge, CT with a destination of my friends Quinn and Chrissy's home in West Bolton, VT. On the way north I rode along the Farmington, Connecticut, White, and Winooski Rivers. After determining that I was plenty strong, I tackled Vermont's mountainous Route 100 for the trip south, eventually joining with the Housatonic River in MA for the remainder of the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home