Saturday, September 30, 2006

San Francisco!!!


Holy smokes, I can't believe that I have pedalled my bicycle all the way to San Francisco!!

It's truly amazing the changes we go through in life. A year and a half ago, I was lying listlessly on my couch in Boston, chain smoking cigarettes, with no ambitions to jog down the block, let alone ride a bicycle for thousands of miles. I have clear memories of driving to my friend Seth's house in Middlebury, VT, and scoffing at the spandex clad cyclists huffing their way up the winding mountain roads. "I think I would rather break my own kneecaps," I would think to myself as I inhaled an entire Camel Light in one breath. Today, I am that spandex clad moron, and I couldn't be happier.

However, the more things change, the more things stay the same. Many of my good friends know that I have a close affinity for what I call "snacky treats" (Basically any food which would make a cardiologist shake his head in disbelief that companies are actually allowed to produce such artery clogging death darts). When I first signed onto this ride, I had visions of a diet of little chocolate donettes and fried chicken dancing in my head. "perfect," I thought, "now I can eat every food item I have ever wanted, and still lose weight!"

Unfortunately, my diet that every little boy dreams of has been shown to be a disaster. When I stepped on a scale recently, I learned that I have lost one pound. One Pound!!!! Now I am faced with a dilemna, do I change my diet plan and try to be healthy? Or do I continue with my diet of impulsivity? Given the fact that Jon and I ate a breakfast of an entire Blackberry Cobbler and some cinnamon buns two days ago, I fear that my impulsive side is winning this war. Oh well, I only live once, more cobbler please!!

On a side note, if you are ever in Mendocino, CA, it is absolutely imperative that you stop at the Garden Bakery. The two people that run it are to of the nicest folks one could ever care to meet. And their pies are absolutely out of this world!!!

-Erik

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home