Monday, October 09, 2006

Onward South and East

We have now been relaxing in Santa Barbara for a couple of days. It feels good on the body to not be working so hard. Yet I am itching to get moving again. We plan to head a bit south late this afternoon before reaching Los Angeles tomorrow. I'm a bit intimidated about riding there. It is an extremely large and sprawling area that I don't imagine to be especially friendly to touring cyclist. Fortunately, we have some friends who have offered us refuge in their homes as we pass through the area. Our immediate goal will then be Joshua Tree National Park on our way to Key West. There is obviously much terrain in between that we are still trying to determine the best way through. But at least we will finally be headed east!!

Jon

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 13, 2006 3:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Erik and Jon- I knew of your bike ride, but I just read about your visits to ROR sites along the way in the ROR Programs Newletter that arrived in my mailbox today. I'm sorry I didn't know you were passing through AND stopping for tours, otherwise, I would have offered you a visit to one of 85 ROR programs in Los Angeles. Best wishes for safe travels east. Debbie Mackay, ROR Regional Program Coordinator, Greater Los Angeles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home